ABDOMINAL LIPOSUCTION CHICAGO
Excess fat around your abdomen is the number one researched term for liposuction.
Are you tired of spending months of dieting and long hours in the gym to get that elusive chiseled abdomen look?
Abdominal liposuction could be the answer you are looking for to lose that last five pounds around your abdominal fat and show your abdominal muscles.
Abdominal liposuction can help you eliminate those stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to the hours you have spent in the gym.
If your current diet and food restrictions have not given give you the slimmer, fitter, more defined look you have been dreaming of, you should consider abdominal liposuction.
What is abdominal liposuction?
Abdominal liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure that targets the localized fat deposits around your stomach through suction. It is a surgical procedure performed using a local anesthetic in the doctor’s office in less than two hours.
It’s the perfect choice for you if you have fat around your abdominal area. It is not a replacement for weight loss.
Since the procedure uses LaserLipo to physically remove the fat cells from your abdomen, it’s ideal for body contouring and giving you a well-defined core.
How does abdominal liposuction work?
At Chicago Liposuction, we use the Awake Lipo method. This means that instead of general anesthesia and its increased risks, we use only local anesthesia and mild sedation.
With SmartLipo, the surgeons use a laser to loosen the fat, minimize bleeding by cauterizing the blood vessels. The procedure is extremely rapid and is completed within an hour or two with minimal discomfort.
The laser procedure will promote the production of collagen during the weeks following surgery. This is very important as it will help to tighten the skin and give it a youthful appearance.
Who will perform my abdominal liposuction surgery in Chicago?
Brian Rosett, M.D., is a Beverly Hills trained, highly respected board-certified plastic surgeon and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Warm and approachable, Dr. Rosett has been in practice for many years. He has performed thousands of successful surgeries. He has the skills and techniques to give you the exact results to match your physique.
Abdominal Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck
We hear a lot about these two procedures, but they are entirely different:
The abdominal liposuction procedure eliminates fat using a powered sucking device called a cannula that removes fat cells and tissue. It is done under local anesthesia. It is recommended for patients with good skin elasticity. It works best for men and women with a BMI of 30 or less. Abdominal liposuction is an outpatient cosmetic surgery procedure done generally in less than two hours. It does not leave any scars.
A Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed on the lower abdomen. It involves general anesthesia. The plastic surgeon will perform two cuts to remove loose skin. He will sew the muscles in your abdominal wall together if they have become stretched out. He will then pull the skin tight over your stomach. It is recommended for patients who have lost elasticity due to pregnancy and have excess skin that cannot resorb itself with exercise and diet in their midsection. There will be visible scars where the doctor has performed the incisions to remove the excess skin.
Who is a good candidate for abdominal liposuction?
We also look for patients who have good skin elasticity to resorb lower abdomen loose skin.
To determine if you’re an excellent candidate to get rid of your abdomen fat using liposuction, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have fat deposits on my abdomen that does not respond to diet or exercise?
- Would I like to up to 5lbs of stomach fat quickly and safely?
- Am I in good health?
- Am I at, or close to, my ideal weight?
- Do I have enough skin elasticity to help with recovery?
- Do I have realistic expectations and understand that while liposuction can help me look trim and contoured, it’s not a weight-loss method?
If you responded yes to all these questions, you are the right candidate for the surgery.
Preparing for Abdominal Liposuction
To get ready for the day itself, you’ll want to:
- Get your medications filled and bring them with you to your procedure
- Arrange for a driver to bring you to and from your procedure
- Be sure to have someone who can spend the first night or two after surgery with you at your home
- Follow the instructions for eating and drinking before your procedure that you’ll receive from our office
- Wear loose clothing to the procedure with an open, button-up top to make changing more effortless and comfortable
- Make sure you’ve stopped any medications or vitamins as ordered since some can increase bleeding risk
What happens on the day of your surgery?
You have come in having organized a lift to take you home.
You will be meeting with your surgeon to review your pre-op tests, discuss the procedure, and answer any last-minute questions you may have.
The cosmetic surgeon might draw on your body the areas on which he will perform lipo.
You will receive a mild sedative to make it a more pleasant experience.
Tumescent liposuction does not require general anesthesia, which allows you to talk to your surgeon during the whole procedure.
The surgeon will start with small incisions. He injects a combination of lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and epinephrine mixed in a Saline solution to numb the area.
The doctor will then use a cannula to access the fat deposits:
Fat transfer to other areas of your body is currently very popular. You may combine your stomach liposuction with a Brazilian butt lift. The extracted fat cells are immediately cleaned and reinjected high up in your buttocks to give them a lifted bubble butt lock.
If you do not avail yourself of a fat transfer, the cannula is equipped with a laser fiber that will liquefy the fat cells. They will be sucked out, and the body will expel the remaining dead tissue over time. The surgeon can utilize the SmartLipo Triplex laser during the surgery so we can achieve superior skin tightening. The body will create new collagen, and the skin will tighten a few weeks after the surgery.
As part of the surgery, the doctor will perform body contouring. These liposuction techniques are different for men and women. Men may go for six-pack abdominal muscles, and women prefer rounder and fitting curves. Sculpting is an art whether you are Michelangelo or a cosmetic liposuction surgeon. We know you are in good hands because our surgeons are experts in tummy liposuction and will give you precisely what you want.
After your surgery, you will receive a follow-up appointment and contact info.
Make sure you have a ride home.
A few days later, you will have a post-op check-up to see your progress.
Results You Can Expect from Abdominal Liposuction
Abdominal liposuction is fantastic for getting rid of stubborn fat deposits in your stomach area. But, will you see a 6-pack ab after the procedure?
The answer is maybe.
Some patients do see those abs pop out once the fat layer covering them is gone, but not always. What you can count on, though, is a tighter, flatter stomach, improved muscle definition, and an overall slimmer look in the treated areas.
The recovery time for abdominal liposuction can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery. Patients often experience a combination of numbness and soreness as the anesthetic wears off. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after an abdomen/tummy liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the operation. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine
- Get enough rest. Patients who have abdomen/tummy liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after abdomen/tummy liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after abdomen/tummy liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water. It will minimize the chances of infection and help the incisions heal more quickly.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
- Resume normal activities when you feel comfortable walking but avoiding
Recycle the fat!
We highly recommend that you discuss a fat transfer procedure in conjunction with your fat removal surgery. Trendy cosmetic procedures include BBL, Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation, and gluteus augmentation.
What are the risks associated with the procedure?
Like all operative procedures, there is a risk of infection. But at our facility, we have a very low infection rate well below 1%. Contour irregularities can also occur when doing the procedure. A signed consent form is required stating that the patient is aware of the benefits and associated risks of the process.
In extremely rare cases, blood clots and fat embolism have been reported as risk factors that patients should be aware of.
Liposuction of the abdomen is one of our most requested procedure at Chicago Liposuction. We feel confident that we can minimize all risks as your safety and satisfaction is our primary concern.
At Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, patients receive a complimentary initial consultation. Our doctors will answer questions and discuss your wants and needs during the evaluation. Depending on the areas to be treated and the amount of fat to remove, you receive a written quote that covers the entire costs. You can leave knowing there will be no surprises.
The cost for most liposuction surgery starts at $4,500 for an average-sized female. This fee includes all of the following:
- Pre-operative labs
- Antibacterial scrub
- Facility fee
- Local anesthetic
- Post-operative supplies
- ALL follow-up visits
- *Pain medication is an optional expense. All patients are discharged from our facility with a prescription for pain meds, but whether they get this prescription filled at their own pharmacy is their decision.
- To better comprehend how the cost for your liposuction procedureis estimated, please visit our cost page.
**Some patients choose to buy a second compression garment at their own expense.
No Hidden Fees
You can rest assured that our quote is the final price you will pay for your surgery.
Can I Get Financing for My Cosmetic Surgery?
Elective Liposuction procedures are generally not covered by insurance. We offer several financing options to make paying for your liposuction procedure with reasonable monthly payments.
With crucial knowledge about the cosmetic procedures available, we offer additional information during consultancy that helps you make the best choice. With the best doctors in Chicago, you are in safe hands.
Make an appointment and begin your journey to perfection.Learn About Procedures Cost