Thigh Liposuction Chicago
- How to perform Thigh Liposuction with Waterlipo?
- Where do you find thigh fat?
- Who will perform my surgery at Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center?
- Who Is the Ideal Candidate for a Thighs & Legs Liposuction Treatment?
- What happens on the day of my cosmetic procedures?
- What is the recovery time after the procedure?
- Before and After Photos
- Liposuction Cost and Financing
Women who have gained weight often complain of chaffing in the thigh gap. It can be uncomfortable to walk, and the amount of fat can easily be removed by inner thigh liposuction.
Cosmetic surgery in this area is somewhat complicated because the thigh has four sides plus the area surrounding the knee. This requires the right touch from an experienced cosmetic surgeon to make the surgery look natural on all facets, including the inner knee for symmetry.
You may want to consider thigh lipo to reduce unwanted fat and give your legs a slimmer, more elegant look and stride.
Lets’ go over what the procedure entails.
How to perform Thigh Liposuction with Waterlipo?
At Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, we use Waterlipo™ to treat excess fat deposits on the thighs. Waterlipo™ is a liposuction technique that uses water pressure to remove extra fat cells from the body’s problem areas.
Waterlipo™ is safe and gentle. Doctors use AwakeLipo rather than general anesthesia to numb the target area and make the patient comfortable during the procedure.
AwakeLipo uses a local anesthetic combination to numb the target area and sedation to make the patient comfortable and relaxed. The combination of Waterlipo™ and AwakeLipo anesthesia optimizes the results of thigh liposuction surgery.
Where do you find thigh fat?
There are four common areas of the thighs that can be targeted using liposuction:
The inner thighs are often resistant to dieting and exercise. Luckily this area of the body is easily targeted using Water Lipo. Women have a genetic predisposition to store fat and benefit immediately from inner thigh liposuction as it relieves chafing.
The Outer thigh liposuction has an immediate slimming effect on patients. The stubborn fat stored in the outer thighs tends to be globular and heavier than the fat that deposits in the inner thighs. So while dieting and exercise can reduce fat deposits, patients with excess fat in areas such as the saddlebags may find lipo a more convenient alternative.
The banana fold, located just under the buttock, is also considered part of the thigh. This area has a tendency to spread out. It really benefits from liposuction as it help tightens the look of the butt cheek and its pleasing form fold.
The front of the thigh usually shows the muscle definition. In some instances, the surgeon can suggest a treatment to make the muscle tone more prevalent
During the initial consultation, the doctor will evaluate your leg’s shape to determine which areas would benefit the most from Waterlipo™ treatment.
Who will perform my surgery at Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center?
Body contouring is an art form that requires expert hands to give you natural and lasting results. Stubborn fat can be removed in a cosmetic surgery procedure done under two hours under tumescent anesthesia.
Modern fat removal methods use very efficient equipment to sculpt your body. Still, these tools are only as useful as the surgeon that manipulates them.
Our doctor prides himself in his complete approach to each successful plastic surgery. He will measure the exact amount of arm fat to remove. He will analyze your skin elasticity. You can decide if removing loose or excess skin may be part of an additional sculpting procedure.
Laser Liposuction, known as SmartLipo, can reduce the loose skin by producing new collagen during your recovery period.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for a Thighs & Legs Liposuction Treatment?
The ideal thigh liposuction patient has tried diet and exercise programs to lose excess fat on the thighs, but with no success. Below are essential criteria that we require of our Waterlipo™ patients before scheduling surgery:
- Patients should be in good general health.
- Patients should have a stable weight and be close to the ideal weight for their height (no more than 30% above or below).
- The patient should have good skin elasticity.
- The patient should have realistic expectations about what thigh liposuction can accomplish for them.
- Non-smokers and light drinkers will benefit most from the procedure.
During the initial consultation, patients will have the opportunity to discuss all aspects of the thigh liposuction procedure with their doctor. Topics usually covered during the consult include procedures, costs, recovery times, and likely results.
What happens on the day of my cosmetic procedures?
- You will go through standard pre-op tests.
- You will receive a mild sedative and local anesthesia.
- Small incisions will allow the doctor to access the fat area.
- A three-part fluid is injected in the area: 1) lidocaine to numb the areas avoiding the need for general anesthesia, 2) Epinephrine to constrict your blood vessels to prevent excessive bleeding, 3) a saline solution to dislodge the fat cells and fat tissue.
- Using a microcannula, the doctor finds and removes the fat by tumescent liposuction.
- The laser-equipped cannula will burn the fat cells and promote new collagen that will help with skin tightening.
- The operation takes less than two hours.
- Our staff will fit you with a compression garment and instructions.
- Following your surgical procedure, you are required to have someone pick you up and drive you home.
What is the recovery time after the procedure?
Most patients experience some discomfort to mild discomfort after the fat removal procedure for a few days. The numbness or pain usually decreases after the second or third day. We recommend that you rest at least two days following the procedure. You will be wearing a compression garment that will help the tissues to stabilize. You will have some drainage for the first 24-48 hours after the procedure, which is normal. The tiny incisions will heal and disappear in a few days.
Avoid any strenuous workout for at least three weeks.
During the recovery process, patients will need to take special care to follow the doctor’s instructions to get the best results in the thigh area. Below are some critical self-care guidelines that patients should follow to achieve the best results from their procedure:
- Avoid Hot Shower, Bathing, Hot Tub, and Swimming during the two days following surgery while the incisions close.
- After two days, patients can take a warm shower while still avoiding full bathing, hot tubs, and swimming.
- Wear the Compression Garment as Prescribed – 24 hours per day for approximately 1 week. Wearing the compression garment is essential because this elastic bandage provides support to the tissues as they heal. After the first week of recovery, patients may be able to partially remove the compression garment but only on the doctor’s instructions.
- Eat Healthfully -During recovery, your body needs plenty of high-quality nutrients to heal correctly. Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and nuts supply your body with all the nutrients it needs and lead you to a quick and successful recovery.
- Always stay hydrated by drinking water. Your body will be able to release toxins more rapidly. As a result, you’ll move through the recovery process more quickly.
- Take the Medications As Prescribed -If your doctor prescribes medication for you to take, be sure to follow the prescription and take it on schedule.
- Avoid Strenuous Activities -During recovery, your body needs as much rest as possible to
- generate new collagen and tighten the skin around the treated area. By avoiding strenuous activities, you can ensure that your body can repair itself and make you feel calm. Get your doctor’s permission before you return to any arduous exercise routine.
Most patients are fully recovered and back to their regular routine within a few weeks after surgery.
Before and After Photos
At the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, we customize our treatment protocols to meet each patient’s unique needs. By personalizing treatment plans, we’re able to get the best results possible from thigh liposuction surgery.
Visit our Liposuction Patient Gallery
Every single one of our patients has a unique situation. We take Before and After photos of each patient to demonstrate the dramatic post-operative effects of Waterlipo™ on the treatment area. Each patient received individualized treatment to address the unique aspects of their medical history, body shape, and overall health profile. Patients can also expect to see results that are uniquely their own. But in all cases, patients should expect their thighs to look more proportional in terms of the rest of the body’s features and for the patient’s overall physical appearance to be more pleasing to the eye.
The Before and After photos below demonstrate the results that other thigh liposuction patients have experienced using Water Lipo:
Thigh Liposuction female patient 25 years – before (left) – 2 weeks after (right)
Liposuction Cost and Financing
Liposuction of the legs is usually an elective surgery. Still, there are some cases (for example, lipedema) in which patients might be able to get health insurance reimbursement for their surgery. If the surgery is not medically necessary, it is unlikely that your health insurance will reimburse you for thigh liposuction. Still, we encourage patients to review their health insurance policy or contact their insurance provider to find out whether Waterlipo™ would be covered.
Should you require financing, the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center has several options for you to consider. We have relationships with multiple lending agents who can arrange payment options that can fit with any budget. Patients who are interested in financing can apply online for credit.
The cost of thigh liposuction surgery using Waterlipo™ depends on several different variables:
- The cost of pre-op lab tests
- The cost of pre-op and post-op prescription medications
- How much time will be required by the surgeon to complete the surgery
- The size and number of body areas that will be targeted in the procedure
Please visit our lipo pricing page for more details.Learn About Procedures Cost