Hip Liposuction Chicago
The hips that launched a thousand ships. Clothes designers will tell you the drape of a dress is best when the hips have curves.
Hip liposuction can effectively eliminate the stubborn fat deposits found in the hips of both men and women.
Of course, making the decision to reshape your body is not always an easy one, and you probably have several questions to put your mind at ease. That’s why we’ve put together everything you need to know about hip liposuction, from the results you can expect and recovery time, to clear pricing answers.
So, if you’re wondering whether hip liposuction is right for you, let us help…
What is hip liposuction?
Hips liposuction is a gentle procedure that can precisely target and remove localized fat deposits to contour your figure.
Since this type of fat often simply doesn’t always respond well to exercise and diet, liposuction is a proven and safe method to get the shapely curves you want.
How does hip liposuction work?
The first step in a liposuction procedure is to make a few tiny incisions. These small, fast-healing incisions are all you need to get genuinely excellent results. Next, a small cannula (powered straw) is inserted, and a vacuum is used to suction out the fat deposits.
It’s also important to note that at Atlanta Liposuction, we do not use general anesthesia due to its increased dangers. Instead, we employ the Awake Lipo method, where you are kept entirely comfortable using only local anesthesia and mild sedation.
Who is the suitable candidate for hip liposuction?
You’re a perfect candidate for hip and buttock liposuction to reshape and define your curves if you meet the following criteria:
- You’re in good health
- You’re at or close to your ideal weight
- Your skin has good elasticity to help it bounce back after liposuction
- You have realistic expectations of the results you can expect to see when removing unwanted fat
What happens on the day of your surgery?
You have come in having organized a lift to take you home.
You will be meeting with your surgeon to review your pre-op tests, discuss the procedure, and answer any last-minute questions you may have.
The cosmetic surgeon might draw on your body the areas on which he will perform lipo
Tumescent liposuction does not require general anesthesia, which allows you to talk to your surgeon during the whole procedure.
You receive a mild oral sedative to make you relax.
The surgeon injects a saline solution of lidocaine as the local anesthetic, sodium bicarbonate, and epinephrine to minimize bleeding through small incisions. The area becomes completely numb within minutes.
The doctor will then use a cannula (sort of a powered straw) to access the fat deposits:
If you choose to have a fat transfer to other areas like the popular Brazilian butt lift, the fat cells will be extracted, cleaned, and immediately reinjected to increase their survival chance.
If you do not avail yourself of a fat transfer, the cannula is equipped with a laser fiber that will liquefy the fat. The fatty tissue will be sucked out. The body will expel the remaining dead tissue over time. The surgeon can utilize the SmartLipo Triplex laser during the surgery so he can achieve superior skin tightening. The body will create new collagen, and the skin will tighten a few weeks after the surgery.
As part of the surgery, the doctor may choose to perform body contouring, so the results look natural without bumps. These liposuction techniques are different for men and women. Men may go for six-pack abdominal muscles, and women prefer rounder and fitting curves. Body Sculpting is an art form.
After your surgery, you will receive a follow-up appointment and contact info.
Make sure you have a ride home.
A few days later, you will have a post-op check-up to see your progress.
Results You Can Expect from Hip Liposuction
- Accentuate the curve of your hips
- Improve your stride
- Liposuction will not remove cellulite
- Combined with Love handles liposuction, you can expect to have more of an hourglass figure
In fact, this gentle cosmetic surgery procedure gives you the smoothest, slimmest contour possible.
Recycle the Fat!
Have you heard of fat transfer procedures? Many patients can use their healthy fat cells and have them reinjected in other parts of their bodies. Fat Transfer Breast augmentation can give you a lifted bust and really lovely cleavage. The ever-popular BBL, Brazilian Butt Lift, is in high demand these days. The fat removed from your hip can be injected high up in your buttocks to give your backside a gorgeous Heart or bubble shape butt. Ask your doctor if you are a candidate for such a procedure.
The recovery time for abdominal/tummy liposuction can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery. Patients often experience a combination of numbness and soreness as the anesthetic wears off. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after an abdomen/tummy liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the operation. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine
- Get enough rest. Patients who have abdomen/tummy liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after abdomen/tummy liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after abdomen/tummy liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water. It will minimize the chances of infection and help the incisions heal more quickly.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
- Resume normal activities when you feel comfortable walking but avoiding
At Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, patients receive a complimentary initial consultation. Our doctors will answer questions and discuss your wants and needs during the evaluation. Depending on the areas to be treated and the amount of fat to remove, you receive a written quote that covers the entire costs. You can leave knowing there will be no surprises.
The cost for most liposuction surgery starts at $4,500 for an average-sized female. This fee includes all of the following:
- Pre-operative labs
- Antibacterial scrub
- Facility fee
- Local anesthetic
- Post-operative supplies
- ALL follow-up visits
*Pain medication is an optional expense. All patients are discharged from our facility with a prescription for pain meds, but whether they get this prescription filled at their own pharmacy is their decision.
To better comprehend how the cost for your liposuction procedureis estimated, please visit our cost page.
**Some patients choose to buy a second compression garment at their own expense.
No Hidden Fees
You can rest assured that our quote is the final price you will pay for your surgery
Can I Get Financing for My Cosmetic Surgery?
Elective Liposuction procedures are generally not covered by insurance. We offer several financing options to make paying for your liposuction procedure with reasonable monthly payments.
Learn About Procedures Cost