- What is Gynecomastia?
- What is Gynecomastia Liposuction?
- Who Is a good candidate for Chicago Liposuction?
- Is Gynecomastia liposuction right for me?
- How do I prepare for my male breast reduction surgery?
- What happens on my Gynecomastia surgery day?
- Gynecomastia Surgery Before and after
- What is the recovery time after the procedure?
- What kind of results can I expect from the procedure?
- What is the cost of the procedure?
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is the medical term for Man boobs. It gives the appearance of enlarged breasts because of stubborn fatty tissue deposits. Gynecomastia is frequent in:
- Men who are slightly overweight and have breast enlargement issues
- boys during puberty when female hormones overtake male hormones for a period of up to two years.
- Users of anabolic steroids or calcium channel blockers can cause it.
- Older men due to lowering of testosterone levels
- Men who have overcome bouts of obesity and rapid weight loss
Up to 50% of men in America will develop some form of gynecomastia in their lifetime. It makes it one of the most common liposuction requests from men.
What is Gynecomastia Liposuction?
Male chest liposuction is one of the preferred options to repair the effects of gynecomastia. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure to remove fat in the breast area of a male patient.
The procedure uses a combination of tumescent liposuction and laser liposuction to remove the fat area. It is done under local anesthetic and does not require general anesthesia
The doctor uses a small cannula surgical technique to access the fat lodged between the muscle and the excess breast tissue. Tumescent liposuction involves the injection of a solution and a laser to liquefy the fat in the glandular tissue. While extracting the fat, the surgeon performs body sculpting. The laser in the cannula burns the fat cells. oThe dead cells will be washed away naturally by your body. The procedure encourages the production of new collagen. It will make the skin around the breast look firmer and flat.
The whole gynecomastia treatment takes less than two hours.
Who Is a good candidate for Chicago Liposuction?
- The ideal candidate for Man Boobs Liposuction surgery using Waterlipo™ are men who feel self-conscious as a result of their male breasts. Before surgery, many of our patients at Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, have reported that they avoid going to the beach or pool parties because of a fear of having to show their chest. Good candidates for this procedure are healthy men who do not suffer from a life-threatening illness or medical condition that could impede the healing process.
- Good candidates for gynecomastia liposuction include:
- Men who are within 30% of their ideal weight.
- Men who have localized fat deposits in their breasts that are resistant to diet and exercise.
- Men who have firm, elastic skin and excellent muscle tone.
- It’s important that patients have realistic expectations about what this procedure can accomplish for them. During the initial consultation, patients have the opportunity to discuss their expectations with the doctor and develop realistic goals for the procedure. Men who exhibit positivity and have specific goals that they’d like to accomplish as a result of gynecomastia liposuction are ideal candidates for this procedure.
- Male chest liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. The best candidates for this procedure are at a normal, healthy weight for their height. Pre-operative good health helps to ensure that patients will recover quickly, so patients should not be using drugs and they should not be smokers. Heavy alcohol use is also contraindicated in patients who are undergoing this procedure. Patients should avoid alcohol for at least a week before surgery and also during the recovery period.
Is Gynecomastia liposuction right for me?
- If you recently had an imbalance in your estrogen and testosterone hormones and your male estrogen gave you man boobs, you may benefit from gynecomastia liposuction. If you are now self-conscious about your breasts, this outpatient procedure can increase your self-esteem and results in higher self-confidence in social situations.
- If you are embarrassed about your sudden breast enlargement, you should discuss it with one of our surgeons. At the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, we make it possible for men to reclaim their masculinity by using a minimally invasive liposuction procedure that gently washes away excess fat cells. Gynecomastia liposuction surgery is fast, simple, and requires little downtime away from work and other activities.
- If hours in the gym and proper diet have not resolved your male breast enlargement problem, male breast surgery can help give you the flat and toned chest you desire
- If you are slightly overweight, Male breast liposuction can extract the fat to give you a flat chest
How do I prepare for my male breast reduction surgery?
- Do not take thinning drugs like Aspirin and Ibuprofen several days before
- Avoid drinking alcohol for at least a week or refrain from smoking
- On the day of your surgery, have a regular breakfast
- Organize for a person to take you to the clinic and drive you back home
What happens on my Gynecomastia surgery day?
- You will receive pre-op tests, a meeting with your surgeon to mark the exact spots for your lipo procedure
- You will receive a mild sedative
- Small incisions will allow the doctor to access the fat area
- A three-part fluid is injected in the area: 1) lidocaine to numb the areas avoiding general anesthesia, 2) Epinephrine to constrict your blood vessels to prevent excessive bleeding, 3) a saline solution
- After the area is numbed, the surgeon gently guides a cannula through those same tiny incisions. At the tip of the cannula which looks like a straw, a stream of water sprays out 360 degrees. The water pressure essentially dislodges fat while simultaneously leaving more useful structures such as blood vessels and other connective tissue completely intact.
- A small vacuum at the end of the same cannula then collects the fat that has been dislodged by the water. Because the surgeon is not scraping at the fat such as in other liposuction techniques, results can end up very smooth. This smoothness comes because the water is doing the work rather than the scraping effect of the cannula. After some of the fat is extracted, a laser fiber is used to then tighten the skin in the treated area.
- The operation takes less than two hours. Using Waterlipo™ technologies, gynecomastia liposuction surgery can be customized to meet each patient’s unique needs.
- Our staff will fit you with a compression garment and instructions.
- You are required to have someone pick you up and drive you home
Gynecomastia Surgery Before and after
What is the recovery time after the procedure?
- At the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, our goal is to provide patients with the best results, the safest techniques, and the least amount of downtime.
- Immediately following Waterlipo™ surgery, you’ll notice positive changes in your appearance, but it could take up to 6 months for the final results to become fully visible. Most of our patients recover fully within 4 to 6 weeks after their procedure depending on their self-care during recovery and their pre-surgical health condition. Still, most patients continue to see improvements in how they look for months after the Waterlipo™ surgery.
- We recommend that patients take the first 48 hours after Waterlipo™ surgery to rest. It’s likely that during this time, you’ll feel some pain or tenderness in the treated area. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medications to make you more comfortable during this time period. Within a week, the pain or numbing will subiside. Within two weeks, many patients can resume most of their normal, daily activities.
- Wear Your Compression Garment As Prescribed
We’ll provide you with a compression garment that you’ll need to wear for 24 hours a day for about 1 week while the tissues are healing. This garment provides support to the traumatized tissues and allows them to heal in the right position. You can remove the garment to shower, but otherwise, it’s important that you wear it both day and night for at least 7 days unless the doctor gives you permission to wear it for fewer hours per day.
- Take Prescribed Medication On Schedule
Our doctors at the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center may prescribe certain medications. Take these according to the prescribed schedule. Pain medication may be optional.
What kind of results can I expect from the procedure?
Our patients experience noticeable improvement immediately. The full benefits of the procedure will be most evident up to six months after the cosmetic surgery.
What is the cost of the procedure?
The procedure costs vary depending on the amount of fat.
The starting cost for male chest liposuction is $4,500.
Our center offers an array of different liposuction surgery options and discounts for treating multiple areas of the body during the same liposuction procedure. For example, many men choose to do abdominal liposuction along with male chest liposuction to create a more pronounced final result. It is very common that patients choose to treat more than one area of the body with liposuction in order to benefit from our special discounts and achieve a dramatic, whole-body change.
If you are interested in reducing your breasts’ size and want to look better in your clothing, this may be the solution you have been looking for. We offer complimentary consultations and can provide you with a detailed quote for this procedure. Contact our office for more information!Learn About Procedures Cost