Stomach Liposuction Chicago
- What is Stomach Fat?
- Who is a good candidate for a stomach liposuction Chicago procedure?
- Is liposuction Countering some form of art?
- Who will perform my surgery at Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center?
- What happens on the day of your surgery?
- What kind of results can I expect after the procedure?
- Liposuction Cost and Financing
- Recycle the fat!
- Liposuction Cost
Let’s face the facts: We all age. Our lives get busier. We have to make difficult choices, which often involve a more sedentary lifestyle. BOOM, before we know it, we can’t zip up our pants, bend down to pick up something, plus we have this stomach bulge sticking over the kitchen counter. Was it the cake, one too many sodas, that tailgate BBQ, or just letting the gym membership lapse? Who knows? This is stressful. We need a plan. We want to get back in shape, but it looks like a daunting task to eliminate some of that stomach fat, and we are short on time.
A Stomach liposuction procedure can help you. You may be able to remove 2 to 5 pounds of fat. This first step can get you on the road to a slimmer looking you. Depending on your build, it may even allow you to wear clothes one or two sizes smaller.
Stomach liposuction is not to be considered a weight reduction program. It is but a step in the right direction.
Let’s start by answering a few questions
What is Stomach Fat?
There are two kinds of fat present in the stomach area of the body:
- Subcutaneous fat – Also referred to as “superficial” fat, is found just below the skin’s surface. You can pinch that fat. These fat cells can easily be removed with liposuction.
- Deep fat – This kind of fat is located deep within the abdominal cavity, often referred to as intestinal” fat. Liposuction cannot safely remove this kind of fat from the body. It requires a good diet and exercise, or it will keep getting bigger.
Who is a good candidate for a stomach liposuction Chicago procedure?
- Adult men and women can remove excess fat from their stomach area
- Women who are recovering from a pregnancy, including C-sections
- Patients who are in good health, have good skin elasticity and sufficient muscle tone
- Patients who have a BMI of 30 or less
Is liposuction Countering some form of art?
In many ways, it is. Whether you are looking at a Donatello statue or a celebrity makeover wearing the latest fashion bikini, there is some form of skilled intervention here.
You should always look for a liposuction surgeon specialist to perform the lipo procedure you want. That offers you the best chances that expert hands will give you a natural look because that is all the doctors do. They know exactly where and how much to remove with the minimum amount of bruising, giving you the curves and chiseled look you want. They have performed thousand of these exact surgeries quickly, expertly, and most importantly, successfully.
Who will perform my surgery at Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center?
Brian Rosett, M.D., is a Beverly Hills trained, highly respected board-certified plastic surgeon and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Warm and approachable, Dr. Rosett has been in practice for many years. He has performed thousands of successful surgeries. He has the skills and techniques to give you the exact results to match your physique.
What happens on the day of your surgery?
You have come in having organized a lift to take you home.
You will be meeting with your surgeon to review your pre-op tests, discuss the procedure, and answer any last-minute questions you may have.
The cosmetic surgeon might draw on your body the areas on which he will perform lipo
You will receive a mild sedative to make it a more pleasant experience.
Tumescent liposuction does not require general anesthesia, which allows you to talk to your surgeon during the whole procedure.
The surgeon will start with small incisions. He injects a combination of lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and epinephrine mixed in a Saline solution to numb the area.
The doctor will then use a cannula (sort of a powered straw) to access the fat deposits:
If you choose to have a fat transfer to other areas like the popular Brazilian butt lift, the fat cells will be extracted, cleaned, and immediately reinjected to increase their survival chance.
If you do not avail yourself of a fat transfer, the cannula is equipped with a laser fiber that will liquefy the fat. The fat tissue will be sucked out. The body will expel the remaining dead tissue over time. The surgeon can utilize the SmartLipo Triplex laser during the surgery so he can achieve superior skin tightening. The body will create new collagen, and the skin will tighten a few weeks after the surgery.
As part of the surgery, the doctor may choose to perform body contouring to give you a more natural look. This liposuction technique is different for men and women. Men may go for six-pack abdominal muscles, and women prefer rounder and fitting curves. Always remember that Body Sculpting is an art form.
A few days later, you will have a post-op check-up to see your progress.
What kind of results can I expect after the procedure?
Most of our patients are very pleased after this procedure. It allows them to wear form-fitting. It is kind of fun to be able to tie your shoes or bend over a counter. It makes you feel more confident about your appearance. The fat removed is usually between 2-5 pounds per surgery.
Patients should have reasonable expectations from their stomach liposuction. It should be considered a first step to remove fat that could not be done with hours in the gym or a rigorous diet. To keep the results post-surgery, patients should establish a healthy routine that prevents the fat from returning as deep fat.
Full results, including skin tightening, will be visible within 90 days
The recovery time for stomach liposuction can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The first 36-72 hours after treatment is the most uncomfortable part of recovery since patients often experience a combination of numbness, swelling, and soreness. Avoid activities that involve twisting, turning in the first three days after surgery to minimize soreness. During this time, patients may take medication prescribed or recommended by our surgeons to help them manage discomfort.
All patients should observe the following guidelines for recovery after an abdomen/tummy liposuction procedure:
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet is one of the most important ways to heal your body, produce new collagen, and prevent fat from returning near the treated area. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in either a raw or steamed form to allow your body to digest the food and absorb vital nutrients easily. Avoid fast food and other processed foods. Portion size should be considered what fits in your hand.
- Drink plenty of water. Water hydrates the skin and will help tighten up skin tissues after liposuction. Adequate hydration will help with the expulsion of dead cells in your urine.
- Get enough rest and avoid stress. Patients who have abdomen/tummy liposuction surgery will be able to return to a light exercise workout within 4-6 days after the procedure with the doctor’s permission. It is important to avoid strenuous activity to allow new blood vessels to form.
- Wear the compression garment. These are required for all patients to reduce swelling and support the body during the healing process. Compression garments must be worn at all times (except while showering) for 4-12 weeks after surgery.
- Follow the medication instructions. Your doctor may prescribe medication for patients after abdomen/tummy liposuction. It’s imperative that patients carefully follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Change absorption pads and take care of incision sites Leaks from incision sites are possible after abdomen/tummy liposuction. The use of high-quality absorption pads can reduce discomfort caused by drainage. Good hygiene is essential to keep the area clean and prevent infection. Gently clean the incision sites 1-2 times daily with soap and water.
- Avoid applying ice packs or heating pads to the liposuction-treated areas. Band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, and soaking in any kind of water (including baths) should also be avoided during the healing process.
Liposuction Cost and Financing
Liposuction procedures start at $4,500. Depending on the amount of fat to be removed and the patient’s final goals for the cosmetic surgery, the cost for tumescent liposuction can vary. We offer discounts to patients who decide to target more than one body area during the same surgical procedure. During a pre-op consultation with an experienced surgeon, the patient can discuss the possibility of targeting more than one body area during the first surgery session.
The total cost of abdominal liposuction surgery varies from patient-to-patient depending on several different factors, including:
- The time required by the surgical team to complete the procedure
- The amount of fat to be removed
- The number and cost of pre-op lab tests that are required
- The number and type of prescription medications required by the patient
- Number and size of the areas of the body.
Our office has partnered with multiple lending providers that offer convenient and tailored plans.
Recycle the fat!
We highly recommend that you discuss a fat transfer procedure in conjunction with your liposuction surgery. Trendy cosmetic procedures include BBL, Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation, and gluteus augmentation.
How can I get rid of subcutaneous Stomach Fat?
If your BMI is under 30, in good health, you can benefit from stomach liposuction. The fat removal procedure is done under local anesthesia. It is an outpatient procedure that can be done in under two hours. To prevent fat from returning as deep fat, you must be willing to follow a proper diet and exercise.
What is the main difference between a stomach liposuction and a tummy tuck?
Suppose you have a little bit fat in your middle section. In that case, tumescent liposuction of your stomach fat is best for people with adequate skin elasticity and proper muscle tone.
A tummy tuck is more appropriate when removing skin excess skin and tightening the abdominal muscles.
In Some cases, both procedures can be done simultaneously if the patient has a lot of fat to remove.
What are the risks associated with the procedure?
Like all operative procedures, there is a risk of infection. At our facility, we have very low infection rates well below 1%. Contour irregularities can also occur when doing the procedure. A signed consent form is required stating that the patient is aware of the benefits and associated risks of the process.
At Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, patients receive a complimentary initial consultation. Our doctors will answer questions and discuss your wants and needs during the evaluation. Depending on the areas to be treated and the amount of fat to remove, you receive a written quote covering the entire cost. You can leave knowing there will be no surprises.
The cost for most liposuction surgery starts at $4,500 for an average-sized female. This fee includes all of the following:
- Pre-operative labs
- Antibacterial scrub
- Facility fee
- Local anesthetic
- Post-operative supplies
- ALL follow-up visits
- *Pain medication is an optional expense. All patients are discharged from our facility with a prescription for pain meds, but whether they get this prescription filled at their own pharmacy is their decision.
- To better comprehend how the cost for your liposuction procedureis estimated, please visit our cost page.
**Some patients choose to buy a second compression garment at their own expense.Learn About Procedures Cost