Neck / Chin
- About the Neck, Chin, and Jowls
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction?
- Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction Recovery/Downtime
- Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction Before and After Photos
- Below are before and after photos of patients who have received neck, chin, and jowls liposuction:
- Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction Cost and Financing
- Safe Liposuction
The results of the neck, chin, and jowls liposuction procedure can be a particularly noticeable and self-esteem boosting change for many patients because the face and the neck are the most noticeable areas of the body. The procedure helps women and men alike regain confidence in their appearance by removing fat and sculpting this area of the body with precision. Patients should note that, as with all liposuction procedures, the neck, chin, and jowls Waterlipo™ procedure is not a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Patients who follow a healthy lifestyle before and after the procedure are the most likely to get the best results.
About the Neck, Chin, and Jowls
The areas addressed during the neck, chin, and jowls liposuction procedure at Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center can be separated into 3 primary regions:
- The Submental Chin -This area is found right under the chin along the jawbone. Excess fat in this region can cause an older and chubbier appearance in people both young and old. Liposuction is one of the most successful methods in use today for removing fat in this area of the face.
- The Jowls -Defined as an area of the lower cheeks, the jowls accumulate fat as a result of weight gain and the aging process. Liposuction is particularly effective in treating this area.
- Portions of the cheeks -Our doctors treat different areas of the cheeks during liposuction procedures that focus on the face and neck. Excess fat deposits in the cheeks are removed to ensure a natural overall appearance.
At the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, we use a sophisticated liposuction technology called Water Lipo. Traditional liposuction methods require general anesthesia and hospitalization, but Waterlipo™ is an outpatient procedure that uses a mild sedative and a local anesthesia in the treatment area to allow the patient to remain completely awake, but deeply relaxed, and pain-free the entire time. The Waterlipo™ method is extremely safe and effective, and the utilization of water pressure gently washes away fat cells and allows for minimal bruising and discomfort while achieving fast and stunning results.
Traditional liposuction requires scraping and large incisions to remove excess fat from the body. This can result in longer recovery times and a higher potential for scarring and complications. In contrast, Waterlipo™ uses water pressure, not scraping, to gently and safely dislodge the fat cells present in the neck, chin, and jowls area and wash them out of the body. The procedure’s gentle methods allow patients to see the actual results almost immediately, which gives our staff the opportunity to make adjustments where necessary to maximize time and success.
The patient is awake and able to communicate with surgeons during the entire neck, chin, and jowls liposuction procedure. The use of local anesthesia and a mild sedative permit the patient to be calm and relaxed while still remaining in complete control of both mind and body. At the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center, we’re able to more effectively target fat using the Waterlipo™ technique because the patient is awake and in control of their body. Using AwakeLipo, the patient is able to respond to the surgeon to flex and relax muscles as needed which makes it possible to achieve better, more precise results. Plus, using the Waterlipo™ procedure is safer and more effective because it’s gentler on the delicate regions of the face, it bypasses the risks of general anesthesia (nausea, longer recovery time, etc.), and it contributes to additional benefits for the patient like minimal scarring and more natural-looking final results.
Waterlipo™ requires only a couple of small incisions in the neck, chin, and jowls area; the incisions are generally located beneath the chin or behind the ears. These incisions don’t require any stitches, and they heal within a just few days while leaving little to no scarring. The entire process only takes about 1-2 hours depending on the patient’s individual needs, and the majority of patients feel ready to return to work as soon as the next day. However, our doctors still recommend that patients take 1-3 days off from work to allow their bodies to heal fully.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction?
Both men and women can be good candidates for the neck, chin, and jowls liposuction procedure. Although this procedure can and does produce dramatic results for many patients, a consultation at the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center is required for all patients to ensure that the a treatment plan to address the patient’s individual needs can be developed. In some situations cervicoplasty (the removal of excess skin from under the chin) or platysmaplasty (surgery to tighten loose, sagging neck muscles) may be required in addition to Waterlipo™ surgery in order to achieve the best results. The following scenarios may require alternate or additional procedures:
- Reasonably thin women and men with large skin folds or extreme sagging in the jowls or under the chin may benefit more from a face lift/neck lift procedure than from a neck, chin, and jowls liposuction procedure. In certain cases, a combination of Waterlipo™ treatment along with a neck or face lift may be recommended.
- Older women and men with less skin elasticity and excess fat should consider having both Waterlipo™ treatment and another supporting treatment to avoid the development of sagging skin after fat removal. After the removal of fat, the skin of older individuals isn’t as likely to “bounce back”. The toning effects of water in the Waterlipo™ procedure helps reduce sagging, but older patients may require another procedure to achieve their cosmetic goals. In this case, neck, skin, and jowls liposuction can be paired with a neck lift or laser lipo to get rid of any loose skin remaining after the fat in the area is removed.
- Patients that possess higher amounts of buccal fat, or fat stored on the inside the mouth, will undergo a slightly different procedure than those patients whose facial and neck fat is externally located. Liposuction can’t currently remove buccal fat, so in this case the patient and the surgeons will discuss other possible options and final outcomes of Waterlipo™ surgery, and what additional or alternative procedures may help the patient the most.
The neck, chin, and jowls area is one of the most difficult areas of the body to manage when it comes to fat and sagging skin. When you age or gain weight, this area becomes less defined, resulting in a flabby appearance. Although aging and weight gain are common precursors to loose skin or chubbiness in this area of the body, slim younger individuals may also have issues in regard to excess fat and skin in the neck, chin, and jowls region.
Neck, chin, and jowls liposuction is particularly recommended for individuals who have mild to moderate levels of excess fat in the neck and face area, mild to moderate sagging, and a good underlying bone structure. Women who possess many wrinkles and/or excessive sagging in the face and neck region may benefit from a procedure that combines the powerful Waterlipo™ treatment with a neck lift or laser liposuction to improve the overall results. Young females with more skin elasticity will likely only need to have neck, chin, and jowls liposuction using the Waterlipo™ method to see significant improvement.
Men with excess fat in this region of the body can also benefit from Water Lipo. Minimal scarring and an even, smooth appearance mean that men can achieve excellent results and a natural-looking end result. Similar to women, older and younger men may require different procedures.
Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction Recovery/Downtime
The neck, chin, and jowls liposuction Waterlipo™ procedure requires very little recovery time. The Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center recommends that patients receiving this type of liposuction take at least 1-3 days off to rest and recover after the procedure. Many patients are able to go back to work in as little as one day after surgery.
During recovery, patients should take good care of themselves and follow their doctor’s instructions. Neck, chin, and jowls liposuction is a procedure with minimal risk and very little required recovery time, but it’s still important that all patients take the necessary time to heal. Below are some important rules to follow during recovery:
- Eat a Healthy Diet -Eating lots of raw or steamed fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains will ensure that your body is getting plenty of valuable nutrients during the recovery period. Your body will use these nutrients to rebuild damaged tissues.
- Stay Hydrated -Drink plenty of water during recovery so that your body will be able to flush out toxins and rebuild tissues faster.
- Avoid Strenuous Activities -Strenuous activities or exercise during the recovery period can put extra stress on the body during a time when the body needs every ounce of energy to repair and heal damaged tissues. Avoid strenuous activities until you’ve fully recovered.
- Wear the Compression Garment -For the first 72 hours after the Waterlipo™ procedure, patients must wear a compression garment to reduce swelling and bruising. After the first 24 hours of wearing the compression garment, patients can resume normal daily practices like face washing and shaving.
- Take Prescribed Medication On Schedule -Our doctors at the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center may prescribe certain medications. Take these according to the prescribed schedule. Pain medication may be optional.
Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction Before and After Photos
Waterlipo™ surgery for the neck, chin, and jowls is a personalized procedure that is designed to fit each patient’s individual needs. The initial consultation gives each patient the chance to talk to their surgeon about cosmetic goals, health history, and any hopes or concerns they might have about the procedure. During this consultation, we’ll gather all the necessary information to to create a customized care plan. Our goal is always to achieve the best outcomes possible using the safest procedures that will require least amount of patient downtime.
Below are before and after photos of patients who have received neck, chin, and jowls liposuction:
Neck, Chin, and Jowls Liposuction Cost and Financing
The cost for liposuction surgery on one target area of the body at the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center starts at $4,000. This amount varies depending on the amount of fat to be removed and what other procedures the patient wants to have done in addition to the neck, chin, and jowls liposuction. Adding one or more procedures to the same session will result in a overall lower cost per procedure. Before each liposuction session we arrange a consultation with every patient to discuss their personal goals and any concerns they might have. During this initial consult, patients can also discuss financing options with our staff.
We give patients access to affordable and accessible financing options from multiple lending partners. Our partnership with United Medical Credit, for example, provides patients with a monthly payment plan based on each individual’s financial situation. This personalized payment plan is free from fees and interest fluctuations. Please visit our Basic Liposuction Cost Guide page for more information about financing options.
Waterlipo™ is a minimally invasive procedure. Thousands of patients undergo Waterlipo™ each year and experience no complications. The Waterlipo™ system for neck, chin, and jowls liposuction is very safe and gentle, so complications and issues are rare. Our AwakeLipo anesthesia system for Waterlipo™ significantly reduces the risks involved with surgery by eliminating the need for general anesthesia.
The most common side effects of this procedure include:
- Neck tightness -It’s normal to experience neck tightness after neck, chin, and jowls liposuction. Depending on the patient, the tense/tight sensation may last for up to a few months after surgery. We provide our patients with specific instructions and other resources (like medication) to minimize issues such as neck tightness after the procedure.
- Bruising, swelling, and numbness -Slight bruising and swelling is expected after any liposuction procedure. Patients wear compression garments after surgery to minimize swelling. Bruising usually disappears within the first week post-op, and swelling disappears gradually over the course of a similar time period. Numbness and skin sensation alterations aren’t as common as swelling and bruising, but it’s still a normal side effect to experience after the surgery. Typically, normal skin sensations return within a month, but occasionally, numbness or nerve irritation persists.
- Scarring-Slight scarring is common after neck, chin, and jowls liposuction. Although Waterlipo™ requires only tiny incisions, these incisions can still sometimes leave scars. However, at the Chicago Liposuction by Lift Body Center we make sure to make these incisions in areas that are barely noticeable, such as behind the ears or under the chin.
- Bleeding -Patients may experience some bleeding from the site of the incisions. This is not uncommon. Excessive bleeding due to a Waterlipo™ procedure is extremely rare. In the case of excessive bleeding, contact your doctor immediately.
- Muscle spasms -Spasming at or around the treated area may occur in some patients. Massaging the spasming area can help control the problem. Spasms are not unusual, and will usually happen less frequently after a few weeks to a few months of recovery.
If you want to learn more about Waterlipo™ safety, please visit our safety page.Learn About Procedures Cost