Hip & Buttocks Liposuction
- Extra Junk in Your Trunk Weighing You Down?
- FAQs for Hip & Buttocks Liposuction
- What should I expect to happen during the procedure?
- What makes me a good candidate for hip and buttocks Liposculpture?
- Can I combine my buttocks liposuction with other procedures?
- Will the surgery leave scars or excess, sagging skin?
- Are there any side effects?
- Explore Other Body Areas:
- What if I do not want to be totally awake during my procedure?
Extra Junk in Your Trunk Weighing You Down?
Extra weight in the hips and buttocks is a problem for many people, especially women. The hips and buttocks are an interesting area because so much of how we perceive beauty is a matter of our own cultural heritage. How much is too much is a matter of personal taste. Hip and buttock liposuction reduces common problem area fatty deposits and adds contour and curves to your figure. Our preferred method of liposuction technique for this area is Waterlipo™. This is a technique that allows for targeted extraction unwanted fat while yielding the smoothest contour possible *.
With the Waterlipo™ technique, only a local anesthetic is used to numb the area and the patient remains coherent throughout the procedure. There is no need for dangerous general anesthesia or IVs. Tiny incisions are utilized so that the 3.5 mm body jet cannula can literally wash out the fat with water pressure. The Waterlipo procedure can also promote skin tightening in the area. This technique is much more gentle than traditional liposuction techniques and, as a result, downtime is minimal.
All procedures are performed on-site at our state-of-the-art Liposuction office in Schaumburg, IL. Here are some other advantages to the Waterlipo™ technique:
- Liposuction done with the Waterlipo™ technique is a safe procedure that can help reduce unwanted fat.
- The Waterlipo™ procedure takes only an hour or two to perform, depending on the designated fat extraction.
- There is very little pain after the procedure, and the tiny incisions leave virtually invisible scars over time.
- Since liposuction with Waterlipo™ is performed with only light sedation, most patients return to normal activity and work within 24 to 48 hours.
FAQs for Hip & Buttocks Liposuction
What should I expect to happen during the procedure?
The process is relatively simple.
- Patients are lightly sedated with local anesthesia, so they remain awake and coherent throughout the procedure.
- Tiny incisions are made for the placement of the water jet cannula which literally washes fat away with water pressure.
- The cannula is only 3.5 mm in size, so it leaves no unsightly scars.
- The procedure takes only about 2 hours, and patients are able to walk out of the office with a newly sculpted body.
- Patients are not permitted to drive, however. Each patient will need to be picked up after the surgery and driven home.
What makes me a good candidate for hip and buttocks Liposculpture?
It is recommended that patients are in good health when undergoing any procedure to reduce risks and potential complications. This procedure is not a means of weight loss. Instead, is a procedure designed to extract moderate amounts of fat and contour the body into better proportion.
Can I combine my buttocks liposuction with other procedures?
Absolutely. Many of our patients choose to combine tumescent liposuction of the hips or buttocks with other procedures – particularly with the thighs
Will the surgery leave scars or excess, sagging skin?
Tiny incisions are used on the buttocks or hips and are not noticeable for long after Waterlipo™. The incisions heal very quickly after the procedure and, after a few months are either invisible or appear as small barely visible freckles.
Sagging skin is not a concern with Waterlipo™. The water pressure promotes skin tightening as the fat is extracted by causing skin contraction. Most people will actually see an improvement in skin tone and firmness after this kind of liposuction. For looser skin, laser skin tightening is added to the procedure.
Are there any side effects?
Because Waterlipo™ uses local, tumescent anesthesia instead of general anesthesia, the procedure is very safe. In addition, because Waterlipo™ is a far more gentle type of liposuction than the traditional technique, discomfort is relatively mild after the procedure. In fact, the vast majority of our patients feel that they can return to work the next day. There are no stitches and the tiny incisions close up within two to three days. Each patient is required to wear a compression garment for about one week under their clothes. These garments are not visible to other people and can be worn in public without feeling self-conscious.
There will be swelling in the area after the procedure, which will subside after the tumescent solution is absorbed through the body.
Explore Other Body Areas:
What if I do not want to be totally awake during my procedure?
We NEVER use general anesthesia for liposuction procedures because we feel it is simply unsafe. However, we do offer the option to do the procedure under “Twilight” which is essentially a slightly stronger form of sedation than the usual relaxing pills we provide for you. This type of sedation is EXTREMELY safe and adds virtually no additional risk the way general anesthesia does. Please let us know if this is something that you wish to discuss.
To learn more about Waterlipo™ of the Hips or please contact our friendly staff to set up a free consultation with our doctor at 847-995-9000.
* results may vary – (disclaimer)Learn About Procedures Cost